- Mauro Icardi reveals interest in Inter move and why he left BarcaPosted 1 day ago
- AC Milan ponder move for Real’s Xabi AlonsoPosted 1 day ago
- Arsenal striker admits french move likelyPosted 1 day ago
- Juventus midfielder Pirlo rules out Prem League switchPosted 1 day ago
- Jesus Navas keen on Manchester City movePosted 1 day ago
Huntelaar expresses desire to remain at Schalke for rest of career
- Updated: March 5, 2013
Arsenal and Liverpool reportedly wanted to bring the former-Ajax man to the Premier League in the January transfer window, but the Dutchman put pen to paper on a new contract.
Huntelaar committed his future to the German club by signing an extension until 2015.
And he’s not ruled out signing another contract extension with Schalke, all but ending Arsenal and Liverpool’s hopes of landing the forward in the summer.
Speaking to German newspaper Bild, Huntelaar said: “It is possible to sign a new contract with Schalke. I will be 32 (when this one runs out) and I’m thinking to end my career here.”
The 29-year-old forward was the top scorer in the Bundesliga last season, but he’s struggled to match the heights of last term – he currently has six league goals which puts him joint top scorer at the club with Julian Draxler and Jefferson Farfan.
Schalke currently sit sixth in the Bundesliga.