- West Brom loan star Lukaku unsure of Chelsea futurePosted 4 hours ago
- Chelsea lining up Gomez bid to create new-look attackPosted 4 hours ago
- Sporting Lisbon stopper admits he is open to leaving this summerPosted 4 hours ago
- Arsenal ready to break transfer record in bid for Real forwardPosted 4 hours ago
- Atletico Madrid open door to Falcao salePosted 19 hours ago
Edin Dzeko top target for Dortmund’s summer transfer spree
- Updated: March 5, 2013
Borussia Dortmund are to announce their interest in Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko, after the striker was shortlisted by the Bundesliga club for their summer shopping spree.
The club appear likely to cash in on star forward Robert Lewandowski, with his contract and value diminishing they may want to cash in now to find an adequate replacement, and with Dzeko a proven goalscorer with his previous club Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga, he seems the most likely target. Dzeko also hinted last week that he would like to return to Germany, and is reportedly not happy in the bit part role he plays for Man City.
The reigning German champions, who are currently second in the Bundesliga this term but 17 points behind leaders Bayern Munich, are also thought to be keen on Hannover duo Mame Biram Diouf – formerly of Manchester United -and Mahammed Abdellaoue.