- West Brom loan star Lukaku unsure of Chelsea futurePosted 6 hours ago
- Chelsea lining up Gomez bid to create new-look attackPosted 6 hours ago
- Sporting Lisbon stopper admits he is open to leaving this summerPosted 6 hours ago
- Arsenal ready to break transfer record in bid for Real forwardPosted 6 hours ago
- Atletico Madrid open door to Falcao salePosted 20 hours ago
Neymar happy to stay and develop with Santos
- Updated: March 5, 2013
The 21 year old Brazilian wonderkid Neymar, continues to be linked to Europe’s top clubs including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and Bayern Munich. Bayern were recently dealing with speculation that they are planning a £100m mega-deal to tempt Neymar in the Summer and Barcelona’s Dani Alves already claiming Neymar had agreed a move to the Camp Nou.
The Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues recently dampened speculation, claiming that they had opened contract extension talks with the wonderkid.
Neymar says he is content at the Brazilian side but maintains he will not rule out a move when he feels the time is right.
He told Placar: “I’ve said before, if I feel this is the right moment to leave, then why not? They say that I’ll leave Santos, that I won’t, but I have to stay calm.
“People make many false stories but I’m happy at Santos, trying to help my team the best way I can. I hope to win games again.
“(Comments that I’ll leave now) are made by people that don’t know about my life. If I feel it’s time to leave, I’ll leave. But this is something I’ll decide, not somebody else. I’m doing well and happy at Santos.”
He added of the Barcelona speculation: “There is no contract (with Barcelona), that’s not true.
“Daniel Alves is a big friend but if I say (Lionel) Messi will join Santos, will you believe it? I thank Daniel Alves for what he said but I’m happy here.”